Alt-N SecurityGateway Web interface buffer overflow
|securitygateway-webinterface-bo (42769)||High Risk|
Alt-N SecurityGateway is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking of requests sent to the admin Web interface. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP request to SecurityGateway.dll using an overly long username parameter, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of Alt-N SecurityGateway (1.0.2 or later), available from the Alt-N Technologies Web site. See References.
- Alt-N Technologies Web site: SecurityGateway - Email Spam Firewall for Exchange / SMTP Servers.
- BID-29457: SecurityGateway 'SecurityGateway.dll' Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-4193: Stack-based buffer overflow in SecurityGateway.dll in Alt-N Technologies SecurityGateway 1.0.1 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long username parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 45854: Alt-N SecurityGateway.dll Administration Interface username Field Remote Overflow
- SA30497: Alt-N SecurityGateway "username" Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1020156: Alt-N SecurityGateway Buffer Overflow Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- Alt-N SecurityGateway 1.0.1
Jun 01, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.