Icona SpA DownloaderActiveX ActiveX Control Module code execution
|iconaspa-downloaderactivex-code-execution (42825)||High Risk|
The Icona SpA DownloaderActiveX ActiveX Control Module (DownloaderActiveX.ocx) could allow a remote attacker to execute code on the system. By persuading a victim to visit a malicious Web site that passes a specially-crafted argument to the insecure "propDownloadUrl" and "propPostDownloadAction" properties, an attacker could download and load a malicious program, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the victim.
No remedy available as of June 1, 2013.
- Icona Web site: Icona : Instant Messaging, Wireless Village Compliant Server and Clients, Instant Messaging API and SDK, Http Tunnelling, Video Chat, Web Call Center, Application Sharing, Custom Software Development.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [02-02-2012]: Icona SpA C6 Messenger DownloaderActiveX Control Arbitrary File Download and Execute.
- BID-29519: C6 Messenger Installation URL Downloader ActiveX Control Arbitrary File Download Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2551: The DownloaderActiveX Control (DownloaderActiveX.ocx) in Icona SpA C6 Messenger 184.108.40.206 allows remote attackers to force the download and execution of arbitrary files via a URL in the propDownloadUrl parameter with the propPostDownloadAction parameter set to run.
- OSVDB ID: 45960: Icona SpA C6 Messenger DownloaderActiveX ActiveX (DownloaderActiveX.ocx) Multiple Property Arbitrary Code Execution
- SA30512: Icona SpA DownloaderActiveX ActiveX Control Module Code Execution Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-1733: Icona SpA DownloaderActiveX File Download and Execution Vulnerability
- Icona SpA Icona SpA DownloaderActiveX ActiveX Control Module 220.127.116.11
Jun 03, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.