phpRaider smf.functions.php file include
|phpraider-smffunctions-file-include (42996)||Medium Risk|
phpRaider could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. If register_globals is enabled, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the smf.functions.php script using the pConfig_auth[smf_path] parameter to specify a malicious file from a remote system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Upgrade to the latest version of phpRaider (1.0.7b or later), available from the phpRaider Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Jun 11 2008 - 09:06:40 CDT: phpRaider <= v1.0.6,7 Maybe Other Versions Remote File include Vulnerable.
- phpRaider Web site: phpRaider.
- CVE-2008-2769: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in authentication/smf/smf.functions.php in Simple Machines phpRaider 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the pConfig_auth[smf_path] parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 46452: phpRaider authentication/smf/smf.functions.php pConfig_auth[smf_path] Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- Simple Machines phpRaider 1.0.6
- Simple Machines phpRaider 1.0.7
Jun 11, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.