Sun Solaris UltraSPARC denial of service
|solaris-ultrasparc-dos (43003)||Medium Risk|
Sun Solaris is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an unspecified error in the processor specific kernel module for Sun UltraSPARC T2 and UltraSPARC T2+ systems. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to panic the system, resulting in a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Refer to Sun Alert ID: 238688 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Sun Alert ID: 238688: Kernel Security Vulnerability on Solaris Systems Using the Sun UltraSPARC T2 and UltraSPARC T2+ Processors May Allow Denial of Service (DoS) .
- BID-29678: Sun Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris Unspecified Kernel Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2708: Unspecified vulnerability in the Sun (1) UltraSPARC T2 and (2) UltraSPARC T2+ kernel modules in Sun Solaris 10, and OpenSolaris before snv_93, allows local users to cause a denial of service (panic) via unspecified vectors, probably related to core files.
- OSVDB ID: 46147: Solaris UltraSPARC Kernel Module Unspecified Local DoS
- SA30654: Sun Solaris UltraSPARC Kernel Module Local Denial of Service
- SECTRACK ID: 1020275: Solaris on UltraSPARC T2 and UltraSPARC T2+ Kernel Module Bug Lets Local Users Deny Service
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-1805: Sun Solaris UltraSPARC Local Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Sun OpenSolaris build_snv_64 SPARC
- Sun OpenSolaris build_snv_92 SPARC
- Sun Solaris 10 SPARC
Jun 11, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.