Node Hierarchy module for Drupal access checks security bypass
|node-hierarchy-access-security-bypass (43006)||Medium Risk|
The Node Hierarchy module for Drupal could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by improper access checks on the system. An attacker with "access content" permission could exploit this vulnerability to bypass security restrictions and modify the hierarchy.
Refer to DRUPAL-SA-2008-034 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Drupal Web site: Node Hierarchy.
- DRUPAL-SA-2008-034: Node Hierarchy - Access bypass.
- BID-29675: Drupal Node Hierarchy Module Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2771: The Node Hierarchy module 5.x before 5.x-1.1 and 6.x before 6.x-1.0 for Drupal does not properly implement access checks, which allows remote attackers with access content permissions to bypass restrictions and modify the node hierarchy via unspecified attack vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 46277: Node Hierarchy Module for Drupal Unauthorized Hierarchy Manipulation
- SA30622: Drupal Node Hierarchy Module Improper Access Check
- Drupal Node Hierarchy module for Drupal 5.x-1.0
- Drupal Node Hierarchy module for Drupal 6.x-1.x
Jun 11, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.