Butterfly Organizer category-delete.php and delete.php security bypass
|butterfly-categorydelete-security-bypass (43067)||Medium Risk|
Butterfly Organizer could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by an error when creating a new account. By sending a specially-crafted request to the category-delete.php and delete.php scripts using the tablehere or id parameter, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to delete arbitrary categories and accounts from the system.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- Butterfly Media Web site: Butterfly Media Romania.
- BID-29703: Butterfly Organizer Multiple Arbitrary Data Deletion Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-7181: Butterfly Organizer 2.0.0 allows remote attackers to (1) delete arbitrary categories via a modified tablehere parameter to category-delete.php with the is_js_confirmed parameter set to 1, or (2) delete arbitrary accounts via the mytable parameter to delete.php.
- OSVDB ID: 57827: Butterfly Organizer category-delete.php tablehere Parameter Arbitrary Category Deletion
- OSVDB ID: 57828: Butterfly Organizer delete.php mytable Parameter Arbitrary Account Deletion
- Butterfly Media Romania Butterfly Organizer 2.0.0
Jun 13, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.