Crysis keyexchange packet information disclosure
|crysis-keyexchange-info-disclosure (43087)||Low Risk|
Crysis could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by a design error that allows the server/clent to reply with a disconnect packet containing user credentials. By sending a keyexchange packet without an initial join packet, a remote attacker could obtain the IP address, client nicknames and status or other sensitive information from the vulnerable application.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- EA Web site: EA : Crysis.
- Luigi Auriemma Advisories, 15 Jun 2008: Crysis.
- BID-29720: Crysis 'keyexchange' Packet Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-6737: Crysis 1.21 and earlier allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive player information such as real IP addresses by sending a keyexchange packet without a previous join packet, which causes Crysis to send a disconnect packet that includes unrelated log information.
- OSVDB ID: 46260: Crysis Disconnect Packet Remote Information Disclosure
- SA30706: Crysis Disconnect Packet Information Disclosure
- Electronic Arts Crysis 1.1
- Electronic Arts Crysis 1.2
- Electronic Arts Crysis 1.21
Jun 15, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.