OpenDocMan out.php cross-site scripting
|opendocman-out-xss (43135)||Medium Risk|
OpenDocMan is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the out.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the last_message parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability (index.php.patch), available from the SourceForge.net Web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Tue Jun 17 2008 - 07:53:16 CDT: S21SEC-044-en:OpenDocMan Cross Site Scripting (XSS).
- OpenDocMan Web site: Free Document Management Software DMS - OpenDocMan.
- S21sec Security Advisory: S21sec-044-en: OpenDocMan Cross Site Scripting (XSS).
- SourceForge.net: OpenDocMan: XSS fix for index.php.
- BID-29765: OpenDocMan 'out.php' Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2787: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in out.php in OpenDocMan 1.2.5 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the last_message parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 46291: OpenDocMan out.php last_message Parameter XSS
- SA30750: OpenDocMan Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1020300: OpenDocMan Input Validation Hole in 'last_message' Parameter Permits Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- OpenDocMan OpenDocMan 1.2.5
Jun 17, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this