ManageEngine OpUtils MainLayout.do cross-site scripting
|optutils-mainlayout-xss (43158)||Medium Risk|
ManageEngine OpUtils is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the MainLayout.do script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the hostName parameter when viewing an SNMP graph to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of June 1, 2013.
- ManageEngine Web site: OpUtils.
- BID-29785: ManageEngine OpUtils 'hostName' HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2797: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in MainLayout.do in ManageEngine OpUtils 5.0 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the hostName parameter, when viewing an SNMP graph. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 46296: ManageEngine OpUtils MainLayout.do hostName Parameter XSS
- SA30745: ManageEngine OpUtils "hostName" Script Insertion Vulnerability
- AdventNet ManageEngine OpUtils 5
Jun 18, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this