SurgeMail IMAP denial of service
|surgemail-imap-dos (43171)||Medium Risk|
SurgeMail is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an unspecified error when processing IMAP commands. By sending a specially-crafted IMAP command, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the application to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of SurgeMail (3.9g2 or later), available from the SurgeMail Web site. See References.
- SurgeMail Change History: SurgeMail 3.9g2 18-June-2008 (Webmail 3.1t-7).
- SurgeMail Web site: Download SurgeMail.
- BID-29805: SurgeMail IMAP Command Unspecified Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2859: Unspecified vulnerability in the IMAP service in NetWin SurgeMail before 3.9g2 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (daemon crash) via unknown vectors related to an imap command.
- OSVDB ID: 46434: SurgeMail IMAP APPEND Command Handling Unspecified DoS
- SA30739: SurgeMail IMAP Processing Denial of Service Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1020335: SurgeMail IMAP Command Processing Bug Lets Remote Users Crash the Server
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-1874: SurgeMail IMAP Command Handling Denial of Service Vulnerability
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8a
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8b
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8d
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8f
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8f2
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8f3
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8I
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8i2
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8i3
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8k
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8k2
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8k3
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8k4
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8m
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8o
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8q
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8s
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.8u
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.9a
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.9c
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.9e
- NetWin SurgeMail 3.9g
Jun 18, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.