Academic Web Tools multiple cross-site scripting
|academicwebtools-multiple-xss (43178)||Medium Risk|
Academic Web Tools is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the login.php, htmlarea.js.php, and room.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the glb_sid parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- Yektaweb Web site: Yektaweb.
- BID-29813: Academic Web Tools CMS 184.108.40.206 Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-2967: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Academic Web Tools (AWT YEKTA) 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168 and earlier, allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) query string to login.php and the (2) glb_sid parameter to hta/htmlarea.js.php, and allow remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via an unspecified field in room.php.
- OSVDB ID: 46744: Academic Web Tools login.php URL XSS
- OSVDB ID: 46745: Academic Web Tools /hta/htmlarea.js.php" glb_sid Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 46747: Academic Web Tools room.php Message XSS
- SA30763: Academic Web Tools SQL Injection and Cross-Site Scripting
- Yektaweb Academic Web Tools 22.214.171.124
Jun 19, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.