DekiWiki search cross-site scripting
|dekiwiki-search-xss (43189)||Medium Risk|
DekiWiki is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input when performing a search. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using an unknown parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of DekiWiki (8.05.1 or later), available from the MindTouch Web site. See References.
- Mantis Bug ID: 0004200: XSS vulnerability in search.
- MindTouch Web site: Download - MindTouch Deki Wiki.
- BID-29830: MindTouch DekiWiki Search Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2848: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the search functionality in MindTouch DekiWiki before 8.05.1 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 46424: DekiWiki Search Unspecified XSS
- SA30758: DekiWiki Search Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- MindTouch Dekiwiki 8.04
- MindTouch Dekiwiki 8.05
May 29, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this