eLineStudio Site Composer inpCurrFolder parameter unauthorized access
|esc-inpcurrfolder-unauthorized-access (43193)||Medium Risk|
eLineStudio Site Composer could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized access, caused by an error in the folderdel_.asp and foldernew.asp scripts. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the inpCurrFolder parameter to create or delete arbitrary folders in the Web root.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- eLineStudio Web site: ASP Content Management System (CMS) from eLineStudio.com.
- BID-29812: eLineStudio Site Composer Multiple Input Validation and Unauthorized Access Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-2863: Multiple absolute path traversal vulnerabilities in eLineStudio Site Composer (ESC) 2.6 allow remote attackers to create or delete arbitrary directories via a full pathname in the inpCurrFolder parameter to (1) folderdel_.asp or (2) foldernew.asp in cms/assetmanager/.
- OSVDB ID: 46462: eLineStudio Site Composer cms/assetmanager/folderdel_.asp x Direct Request Arbitrary Directory Manipulation
- OSVDB ID: 46463: eLineStudio Site Composer cms/assetmanager/foldernew.asp Direct Request Arbitrary Directory Manipulation
- SA30762: eLineStudio Site Composer Multiple Vulnerabilities
- eLineStudio Site Composer 2.6 and prior
Jun 19, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.