aspWebCalendar calendar_admin.asp file upload
|aspwebcalendar-calendaradmin-file-upload (43201)||Medium Risk|
aspWebCalendar could allow a remote attacker to upload arbitrary files, caused by the improper validation of file extensions by the calendar_admin.asp script. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP POST request, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to upload malicious ASP files, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary ASP code on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of aspWebCalendar (4.5.3c or later), available from the aspWebCalendar Web site. See References.
- Full Revolution Web site: aspWebCalendar Product Overview, web based calendar.
- BID-29795: aspWebCalendar 'calendar_admin.asp' Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2832: Unrestricted file upload vulnerability in calendar_admin.asp in Full Revolution aspWebCalendar 2008 allows remote attackers to upload and execute arbitrary code via the FILE1 parameter in an uploadfileprocess action, probably followed by a direct request to the file in calendar/eventimages/.
- OSVDB ID: 46642: aspWebCalendar calendar_admin.asp Unrestricted File Upload Arbitrary Code Execution
- Full Revolution aspWebCalendar 2008
Jun 18, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.