JaxUltraBB viewprofile.php file include
|jaxultrabb-viewprofile-file-include (43278)||Medium Risk|
JaxUltraBB could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the viewprofile.php script using the user parameter to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- SourceForge.net: JaxUltraBB.
- BID-29853: JaxUltraBB Cross Site Scripting and Local File Include Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-2966: Directory traversal vulnerability in viewprofile.php in JaxUltraBB 2.0 and earlier allows remote attackers to read arbitrary local files via a .. (dot dot) in the user parameter. party information.
- OSVDB ID: 46847: JaxUltraBB (JUBB) viewprofile.php user Parameter Traversal Local File Inclusion
- JaxUltraBB JaxUltraBB 2.0
Jun 20, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this