Diigo Toolbar and Diigolet comment cross-site scripting
|diigotoolbar-diigolet-comment-xss (43301)||Medium Risk|
Diigo Toolbar and Diigolet are vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using comments to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the Diigo Toolbar and Diigolet Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Jun 20 2008 - 14:53:29 CDT: Diigo Toolbar - Global XSS and Information Leakage in SSL URLs.
- Diigo Web site: Diigo Toolbar.
- Diigo Web site: Diigolet.
- BID-29611: Diigo Toolbar and Diigolet Comment Feature HTML Injection and Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-7184: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Diigo Toolbar and Diigolet allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via a public comment.
- OSVDB ID: 57877: Diigo Toolbar Public Comment XSS
- OSVDB ID: 57878: Diigolet Public Comment XSS
- Diigo Diigo Toolbar
- Diigo Diigolet
Jun 20, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.