Chipmunk Blog membername parameter cross-site scripting
|chipmunkblog-membername-xss (43319)||Medium Risk|
Chipmunk Blog is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the members.php, comments.php, photos.php, archive.php, and cat.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the membername parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Chipmunk-Scripts Web site: Free PHP Scripts -- PHP Guestbook, PHP directory, polls, Free graphics icons, and more webmaster goodies.
- BID-29883: Chipmunk Blog 'membername' Parameter Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-3186: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Chipmunk Blog (Blogger) allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the membername parameter to (1) members.php, (2) comments.php, (3) photos.php, (4) archive.php, or (5) cat.php. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 47037: Chipmunk Blog members.php membername Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 47038: Chipmunk Blog comments.php membername Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 47039: Chipmunk Blog photos.php membername Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 47040: Chipmunk Blog archive.php membername Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 47041: Chipmunk Blog cat.php membername Parameter XSS
- Chipmunk Scripts Chipmunk Blog
Jun 23, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this