Panda ActiveScan AV Class ActiveX control file download
|panda-activescan-file-download (43587)||Medium Risk|
The Panda ActiveScan AV Class ActiveX control (as2guiie.dll) could allow a remote attacker to download arbitrary files on the system. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an argument to the Update() method, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to download and install arbitrary cabinet files, which could allow the attacker to perform other unauthorized actions on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Panda ActiveScan (2.01.00 or later), available from the Panda Security Web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Sat Jul 05 2008 - 04:59:02 CDT: Panda ActiveScan 2.0 remote code execution.
- Panda Security Web site: Panda ActiveScan 2.0.
- BID-30086: Panda ActiveScan Remote Buffer Overflow and Arbitrary CAB File Installation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-3156: The ActiveScan ActiveX Control (as2guiie.dll) in Panda ActiveScan before 1.02.00 allows remote attackers to download and execute arbitrary cabinet (CAB) files via unspecified URLs passed to the Update method.
- OSVDB ID: 46740: Panda ActiveScan AV Class ActiveX (as2guiie.dll) Update() Method Arbitrary Cabinet File Installation
- SA30841: Panda ActiveScan Two Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1020432: Panda ActiveScan Update Function Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code and Install CAB Files
- Panda Software Panda ActiveScan 2.0
Jul 04, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.