Novell OpenSUSE courier-authlib SQL injection
|opensuse-courierauthlib-sql-injection (43628)||Medium Risk|
OpenSUSE is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the courier-authlib package using unspecified attack vectors, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
Refer to SUSE-SR:2008:014 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- openSUSE Web site: openSUSE.
- CVE-2008-2667: SQL injection vulnerability in the Courier Authentication Library (aka courier-authlib) before 0.60.6 on SUSE openSUSE 10.3 and 11.0, and other platforms, when MySQL and a non-Latin character set are used, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the username and unspecified other vectors.
- DSA-1688: courier-authlib -- SQL injection
- GLSA-200809-05: Courier Authentication Library: SQL injection vulnerability
- OSVDB ID: 47516: openSUSE courier-authlib Unspecified SQL Injection
- SA30591: Courier Authentication Library SQL Injection Vulnerability
- SUSE-SR:2008:014: [security-announce] SUSE Security Summary Report SUSE-SR:2008:014
- Debian Debian Linux 4.0
- Gentoo Linux
- Novell OpenSUSE 10.3
- Novell OpenSUSE 11.0
Jul 04, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.