BrewBlogger index.php security bypass
|brewblogger-index-security-bypass (43649)||Medium Risk|
BrewBlogger could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by an error in the index.php script. If magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using an HTTP POST request to add arbitrary users with administrative privileges and gain unauthorized access to the application.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability (BB_login_patch.zip), available from the BrewBlogger Web site. See References.
- BrewBlogger Web site: BrewBlogger - The Browser-Based Homebrew Logging System.
- BID-30133: BrewBlogger 'logincheck.inc.php' SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-6911: SQL injection vulnerability in the authenticateUser function in includes/authentication.inc.php in BrewBlogger (BB) 22.214.171.124, when magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the loginUsername parameter to includes/logincheck.inc.php. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 46863: BrewBlogger includes/authentication.inc.php loginUsername Parameter SQL Injection
- SA30983: BrewBlogger "authenticateUser()" SQL Injection Vulnerability
- BrewBlogger BrewBlogger 126.96.36.199
Jul 08, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.