AuraCMS pages_data.php security bypass
|auracms-pagesdata-security-bypass (43682)||Medium Risk|
AuraCMS could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by an error in the pages_data.php script. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP POST request using the id parameter, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to add, edit or delete arbitrary data from the system.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability (update_pages_data_php.tar.gz), available from the AuraCMS Web site. See References.
- AuraCMS Web site: AuraCMS : Indonesia Content Management System.
- BID-30159: auraCMS 'pages_data.php' Multiple SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- BID-30169: AuraCMS 'pages_data.php' Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-3203: js/pages/pages_data.php in AuraCMS 2.2 through 2.2.2 does not perform authentication, which allows remote attackers to add, edit, and delete web content via a modified id parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 46917: AuraCMS js/pages/pages_data.php POST Request Arbitrary Content Manipulation
- SA31000: AuraCMS "pages_data.php" Manipulation of Data
- auraCMS auraCMS 2.2
- auraCMS auraCMS 2.2.1
- auraCMS auraCMS 2.2.2
Jul 09, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.