jSite module parameter file include
|jsite-module-file-include (43746)||Medium Risk|
jSite could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the index.php script using the module parameter to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Sclek Web site: jSite Download Center.
- BID-30206: jSite 'index.php' SQL Injection and Local File Include Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-3192: Directory traversal vulnerability in index.php in jSite 1.0 OE allows remote attackers to include and execute arbitrary local files via a .. (dot dot) in the module parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 47024: jSite index.php module Parameter Traversal Local File Inclusion
- SA31049: jSite Multiple Vulnerabilities
- jSite jSite 1.0 OE
Jul 12, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this