RealNetworks RealPlayer ActiveX control (rjbdll.dll) buffer overflow
|realplayer-rjbdll-activex-bo (44013)||High Risk|
The RealPlayer ActiveX control (rjbdll.dll) is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long argument to the import() method, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the victim or cause the victim's browser to crash.
Refer to the Real Player Customer Support Web site for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Real Player Customer Support Web site: RealNetworks, Inc. Releases Update to Address Security Vulnerabilities.
- ZDI-08-046: RealNetworks RealPlayer Library File Deletion Stack Overflow Vulnerability.
- BID-30376: RealNetworks RealPlayer 'rmoc3260.dll' ActiveX Control Multiple Memory Corruption Vulnerabilities
- BID-30379: RealPlayer 'rjbdll.dll' ActiveX Control 'Import' Method Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-3066: Stack-based buffer overflow in a certain ActiveX control in rjbdll.dll in RealNetworks RealPlayer Enterprise, RealPlayer 10, and RealPlayer 10.5 before build 184.108.40.2065 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by importing a file into a media library and then deleting this file.
- OSVDB ID: 48286: RealPlayer rjbdll.dll ActiveX Media Library File Deletion Overflow
- SA27620: RealNetworks RealPlayer Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1020565: RealPlayer ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow in Import Method May Let Remote Users Execute Abitrary Code
- US-CERT VU#461187: RealPlayer file deletion overflow vulnerability
- Real RealPlayer 10.0
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_220.127.116.110
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_18.104.22.1683
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_22.214.171.1249
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_126.96.36.1999
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_188.8.131.525
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_184.108.40.2068
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_220.127.116.118
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_18.104.22.1683
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_22.214.171.1248
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_126.96.36.1991
- Real RealPlayer Enterprise
Jul 25, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.