MailScan for Mail Servers cookie security bypass
|mailscan-cookie-security-bypass (44515)||Medium Risk|
MailScan for Mail Servers could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by the improper checking of authentication credentials. By modifying the cookie parameter, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass security restrictions and gain unauthorized administrative access to the vulnerable system.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Aug 15 2008 - 05:26:07 CDT: MicroWorld MailScan - Multiple Vulnerabilities within Admin-Webinterface.
- MicroWorld Web site: MailScan für Mailserver.
- BID-30700: MicroWorld Technologies MailScan Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-3729: Web Based Administration in MicroWorld Technologies MailScan 5.6.a espatch 1 allows remote attackers to bypass authentication and obtain administrative access via a direct request with (1) an IsAdmin=true cookie value or (2) no cookie.
- OSVDB ID: 47673: MailScan for Mail Server Web Admin Interface Crafted Cookie Authentication Bypass
- SA31534: MailScan for Mail Servers Web Administration Interface Multiple Vulnerabilities
- MicroWorld Technologies MailScan 5.6.a espatch1
Aug 15, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this