CMME env parameter file include
|cmme-env-file-include (44683)||Medium Risk|
CMME could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the index.php script using the env parameter to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
Upgrade to the latest version of CMME (1.18 or later), available from the CMME Web page. See References.
- CMME Web page: CMME Information.
- BID-30854: CMME Multiple Remote Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-3926: Multiple directory traversal vulnerabilities in Content Management Made Easy (CMME) 1.12 allow remote attackers to (1) read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the env parameter in a weblog action to index.php, or (2) create arbitrary directories via a .. (dot dot) in the env parameter in a login action to admin.php.
- OSVDB ID: 48100: Content Management Made Easy (CMME) index.php env Parameter Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- OSVDB ID: 48101: Content Management Made Easy (CMME) admin.php env Variable Traversal Arbitrary Directory Creation
- SA31599: CMME Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Hans Oesterholt CMME 1.12
Aug 26, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this