HP Enterprise Discovery unspecified privilege escalation
|hp-ed-unspecified-privilege-escalation (44709)||High Risk|
An unspecified vulnerability in HP Enterprise Discovery could allow a remote authenticated attacker to gain elevated privileges using unknown attack vectors.
Refer to HPSBMA02363 SSRT080106 rev.1 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- HPSBMA02363 SSRT080106 rev.1: HP Enterprise Discovery Running on Windows, Remote Authorized User, Gain Extended Privileges.
- BID-30865: HP Enterprise Discovery Unspecified Remote Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-3538: Unspecified vulnerability in HP Enterprise Discovery 2.0 through 2.52 on Windows allows remote authenticated users to execute arbitrary code via unknown vectors. NOTE: the initial description of this CVE was inadvertently associated with libxml2, but it should be for HP Enterprise Discovery.
- OSVDB ID: 47850: HP Enterprise Discovery Unspecified Remote Privilege Escalation
- SA31616: HP Enterprise Discovery Unspecified Privilege Escalation
- SECTRACK ID: 1020760: HP Enterprise Discovery Unspecified Bug Lets Remote Authenticated Users Gain Elevated Privileges
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-2446: HP Enterprise Discovery Remote Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.0
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.0.1
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.0.2
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.0.3
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.0.4
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.1
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.1.1
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.1.2
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.1.3
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.20
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.21
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.22
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.50
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.51
- HP Enterprise Discovery 2.52
Aug 27, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.