Ultra Office Control Ultra.OfficeControl ActiveX control buffer overflow
|uoc-ultraofficecontrol-bo (44749)||High Risk|
The Ultra Office Control ActiveX control (OfficeCtrl.ocx) is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long string to the HttpUpload() method, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the user or cause the victim's browser to crash.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- shinnai Forum, Mercoledi 27 Agosto 2008 10:44:11 : Ultra Office ActiveX Control Remote Buffer Overflow.
- Ultra Shareware Web site: Ultra Office Control - ActiveX to host and embed Office (Word, Excel or Powerpoint) documents in your VB, VB.Net, C# or HTML applications.
- BID-30861: Ultra Office Control 'HttpUpload()' Method Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-3878: Stack-based buffer overflow in the Ultra.OfficeControl ActiveX control in OfficeCtrl.ocx 2.0.2008.801 in Ultra Shareware Ultra Office Control allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via long strUrl, strFile, and strPostData parameters to the HttpUpload method.
- OSVDB ID: 47866: Ultra.Office ActiveX (OfficeCtrl.ocx) HttpUpload() Method Overflow
- SA31632: Ultra Office ActiveX Control Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Ultra Shareware Ultra Office Control 2.0.2008.501
Aug 27, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.