dotProject index.php multiple parameters cross-site scripting
|dotproject-index-multiple-xss (44770)||Medium Risk|
dotProject is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. If various actions are set, a remote authenticated attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the inactive, date, callback or type parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- dotproject Web site: dotproject - Open Source Software :: Open Source Project and Task Management Software.
- Packet Storm Web Site: dotproject-sqlxss.
- BID-30924: dotProject Multiple SQL Injection and Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-3886: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in index.php in dotProject 2.1.2 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) the inactive parameter in a tasks action, (2) the date parameter in a calendar day_view action, (3) the callback parameter in a public calendar action, or (4) the type parameter in a ticketsmith action.
- OSVDB ID: 47842: dotProject index.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA31681: dotProject SQL Injection and Cross-Site Scripting
- dotproject dotProject 2.1.2
Aug 28, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.