vtiger CRM index.php cross-site scripting
|vtigercrm-index-xss (44792)||Medium Risk|
vtiger CRM is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the user_password or parenttab parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability (vtigercrm5_0_4sec_patch.rar), available from the vtiger CRM Web site. See References.
- Fabian Fingerle Advisory, 2008-09-01: Multiple Cross Site Scripting (XSS) Vulnerabilities in vtigerCRM 5.0.4, CVE-2008-3101.
- vtiger CRM Web site: vtiger CRM Security Patch für 5.0.4 .
- BID-30951: vtiger CRM Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-3101: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in vtiger CRM 5.0.4 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) the parenttab parameter in an index action to the Products module, as reachable through index.php; (2) the user_password parameter in an Authenticate action to the Users module, as reachable through index.php; or (3) the query_string parameter in a UnifiedSearch action to the Home module, as reachable through index.php.
- OSVDB ID: 47865: vtiger CRM index.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA31679: vtiger CRM Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-2471: vtiger CRM Multiple Parameter Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- vtiger vtiger CRM 5.0.4
Sep 01, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.