VMWare Server ISAPI Extension denial of service
|vmware-isapi-extension-dos (44796)||Medium Risk|
VMWare Server is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in the ISAPI Extension. By sending a specially-crafted request, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the service to stop responding.
Denial of Service
Refer to VMSA-2008-0 014 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Aug 29 2008 - 19:08:36 CDT : VMSA-2008-0014 Updates to VMware Workstation, VMware Player, VMware ACE, VMware Server, VMware ESX address information disclosure, privilege escalation and other security issues..
- VMware Web site: VMware: Virtualization via Hypervisor, Virtual Machine & Server Consolidation - VMware.
- BID-30935: VMware ISAPI Extension Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-3697: An unspecified ISAPI extension in VMware Server before 1.0.7 build 108231 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (IIS crash) via a malformed request.
- OSVDB ID: 48252: VMware Server Unspecified ISAPI Extension Malformed Request Remote DoS
- SA31708: VMware Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1020789: VMware Server ISAPI Extension Bug Lets Remote Users Deny Service
- VMware Server 1.0
- VMware Server 1.0.1
- VMware Server 1.0.1_build_29996
- VMware Server 1.0.2
- VMware Server 1.0.3
- VMware Server 1.0.4
- VMware Server 1.0.4_build_56528
- VMware Server 1.0.5
- VMware Server 1.0.6
- VMware Server 1.0.7
- VMware Server 1.0.7_build_108231
Aug 29, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.