NETGEAR WN802T SSID denial of service
|netgear-wn802t-ssid-dos (44918)||Medium Risk|
NETGEAR WN802T is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error when handling certain association requests. By sending an association request containing a NULL SSID, a remote attacker could cause a denial of service.
|Access Vector:||Adjacent Network|
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Sep 04 2008 - 03:46:01 CDT: Marvell Driver Null SSID Association Request Vulnerability.
- NETGEAR Web site: WN802T - RangeMax Next Wireless-N Access Point.
- BID-30976: NETGEAR WN802T With Marvell 88W8361P-BEM1 Chipset WAP Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-1197: The Marvell driver for the Netgear WN802T Wi-Fi access point with firmware 1.3.16 on the Marvell 88W8361P-BEM1 chipset does not properly parse the SSID information element in an association request, which allows remote authenticated users to cause a denial of service (device reboot or hang) or possibly execute arbitrary code via a Null SSID.
- OSVDB ID: 48296: NETGEAR WN802T Wireless Access Point Marvell Driver Assocation Request SSID Information Element Arbitrary Code Execution
- SA31770: Netgear WN802T Wireless Access Point Two Vulnerabilities
- NETGEAR WN802T
Sep 04, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.