D-Link DIR-100 Web proxy filter security bypass
|dlink-dir100-webproxyfilter-security-bypass (44961)||Medium Risk|
The D-Link DIR-100 router could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by an error in the Web proxy filter. By sending a specially-crafted URL request with an overly long URL, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass filtering and gain access to restricted Web sites.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- D-Link Web site: DIR-100.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Mon Sep 08 2008 - 03:13:44 CDT : [scip_Advisory 3808] D-Link DIR-100 long url filter evasion.
- BID-31050: D-Link DIR-100 Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-4133: The web proxy service on the D-Link DIR-100 with firmware 1.12 and earlier does not properly filter web requests with large URLs, which allows remote attackers to bypass web restriction filters.
- OSVDB ID: 47961: D-Link DIR-100 Ethernet Broadband Router Long URL Filtering Bypass
- SA31767: D-Link DIR-100 Ethernet Broadband Router URL Filtering Bypass
- SECTRACK ID: 1020825: D-Link DIR-100 Router URL Filter Can Be Bypassed By Remote Users
- D-Link DIR-100 1.02
- D-Link DIR-100 1.12
Sep 08, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.