Pro2col Stingray FTS verify_login.jsp cross-site scripting
|stingray-verifylogin-xss (45107)||Medium Risk|
Pro2col Stingray FTS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the verify_login.jsp script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the username or password parameter to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Sep 12 2008 - 07:59:39 CDT : [scip_Advisory 3809] Pro2col StingRay FTS login username cross site scripting.
- Pro2col Web site: Pro2col - file transfer solutions - FTP, HTTP, email and more.
- BID-31148: Pro2col Stingray FTS 'login.jsp' Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-4168: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in verify_login.jsp in Pro2col Stingray FTS allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the form_username parameter (aka user name field).
- OSVDB ID: 48110: StingRay FTS verify_login.jsp form_username Parameter XSS
- Pro2col Stingray FTS
Sep 12, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.