GPicView main-win.c command execution
|gpicview-mainwin-command-execution (45137)||High Risk|
GPicView, included in Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment (LXDE) could allow a local attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by an error in the main-win.c file. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted file containing shell metacharacters in the filename, a local attacker could exploit this vulnerability and execute arbitrary commands on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- GPicView Web site: GPicView.
- oss-security Mailing List, Sun, 31 Aug 2008 01:46:25 +0200: Re: CVE Request (gpicview) .
- oss-security Mailing List, Wed, 3 Sep 2008 01:59:47 +0200: Re: CVE Request (gpicview) .
- CVE-2008-3904: src/main-win.c in GPicView 0.1.9 in Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment (LXDE) allows context-dependent attackers to execute arbitrary commands via shell metacharacters in a filename.
- OSVDB ID: 48047: LXDE GPicView src/main-win.c Shell Metacharacter Arbitrary Command Execution
- GPicView GPicView 0.1.9
Aug 31, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this