XRMS login.php, some.php and mileage.php cross-site scripting
|xrms-login-some-mileage-xss (45142)||Medium Risk|
XRMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the login.php, some.php and mileage.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using various parameters in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Sep 03 2008 - 19:04:48 CDT: Multiple Cross Site Scripting (XSS) and SQL injection Vulnerabilities in XRMS, CVE-2008-3664.
- XRMS Web site: XRMS Open Source CRM.
- BID-31008: XRMS CRM Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-3664: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in XRMS allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) the real name field, related to the user list; (2) the target parameter to login.php, (3) the title parameter to activities/some.php, (4) the company_name parameter to companies/some.php, (5) the last_name parameter to contacts/some.php, (6) the campaign_title parameter to campaigns/some.php, (7) the opportunity_title parameter to opportunities/some.php, (8) the case_title parameter to cases/some.php, (9) the file_id parameter to files/some.php, or (10) the starting parameter to reports/custom/mileage.php, a related issue to CVE-2008-1129.
- OSVDB ID: 48446: XRMS CRM files/some.php file_id Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 48447: XRMS CRM reports/custom/mileage.php starting Parameter XSS
- XRMS CRM XRMS 1.99.2
Sep 03, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.