ComponentOne VSFlexGrid ActiveX control buffer overflow
|componentone-vsflexgrid-bo (45184)||High Risk|
The ComponentOne VSFlexGrid ActiveX control (VSFlexGrid.VSFlexGridL) is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long argument to the Archive() method, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the victim or cause the victim's browser to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of VSFlexGrid ActiveX control (126.96.36.19981.142 or later), available from the ComponentOne Web site. See References.
- ComponentOne Web site: ComponentOne.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [05-20-2010]: ComponentOne VSFlexGrid v. 7 & 8 "Archive()" method Remote Buffer Overflow Exploit.
- BID-31200: RETIRED: ComponentOne VSFlexGrid ActiveX Control 'Archive()' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-4132: Stack-based buffer overflow in the VSFlexGrid.VSFlexGridL ActiveX control in ComponentOne VSFlexGrid 188.8.131.52 and 8.0.20072.239 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long first argument to the Archive method. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- ComponentOne VSFlexGrid 184.108.40.206
- ComponentOne VSFlexGrid 8.0.20072.239
Sep 16, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.