Novell Forum unspecified code execution
|novell-forum-unspecified-code-execution (45199)||High Risk|
An unspecified vulnerability in Novell Forum (formerly SiteScape Forum) could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitray code on the system. By sending a specially-crafted URL request, a remote attacker could inject and execute arbitrary TCL code on the vulnerable system.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability (Tcl Injection 6.0 - 7.x - 8.0), available from the Novell: Downloads Web site. See References.
- Novell: Downloads Web site: Security patch - Tcl Injection 6.0 - 7.x - 8.0.
- BID-30909: Novell Forum Unspecified Tcl Command Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-4047: Unspecified vulnerability in Novell Forum (formerly SiteScape Forum) 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, and 8.0 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary TCL code via a modified URL. NOTE: this might overlap CVE-2007-6515.
- SA31578: Novell Forum TCL Command Injection Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1020803: Novell Forum Bug Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Tcl Code
- Novell Forum 7.0
- Novell Forum 7.1
- Novell Forum 7.2
- Novell Forum 7.3
- Novell Forum 8.0
Aug 19, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this