Link To Us module for Drupal Link page header cross-site scripting
|linktous-linkpageheader-xss (45221)||Medium Risk|
The Link To Us module for Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote authenticated attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the "Link page header" form field in Administer->Site Configuration->Link to Us to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the "Share this page" link is selected. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to DRUPAL-SA-2008-052 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- DRUPAL-SA-2008-052: Link To Us - Cross site scripting.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Wed Sep 17 2008 - 14:58:17 CDT: Drupal Link to Us Module Contains XSS Vulnerability.
- BID-31224: Drupal Link to Us 'Link page header' Field HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-4149: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Greg Holsclaw Link to Us module 5.x before 5.x-1.1 for Drupal allows remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the Link page header field.
- OSVDB ID: 48229: Drupal Link To Us Module Link page header XSS
- SA31914: Drupal Link To Us Module "Link page header" Script Insertion
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-2618: Link To Us Module for Drupal Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Drupal Link To Us module for Drupal 5.x-1.0
Sep 17, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.