Cisco 871 Integrated Services Router cross-site request forgery
|cisco-router-csrf (45226)||Medium Risk|
Cisco 871 Integrated Services Router is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. By persuading an administrator to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted HTTP POST request to possibly execute arbitrary commands on the system with level 15 privileges.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Cisco Web site: Cisco 871 Integrated Services Router.
- Jeremy's Security Blog, Tuesday, September 16, 2008: Cisco 0day Released.
- BID-31218: Cisco 871 Integrated Services Router Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-4128: Multiple cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities in the HTTP Administration component in Cisco IOS 12.4 on the 871 Integrated Services Router allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via (1) a certain show privilege command to the /level/15/exec/- URI, and (2) a certain alias exec command to the /level/15/exec/-/configure/http URI. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- Cisco 871 Integrated Services Router
- Cisco IOS 12.4
Sep 16, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.