Gallery ZIP archives information disclosure
|gallery-ziparchives-information-disclosure (45228)||Low Risk|
Gallery could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by the improper handling of ZIP archives with a symbolic link from a temporary file to other files on the system. A remote attacker with permission to add photos could exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information.
Upgrade to the latest version of Gallery (1.5.9 or 2.2.6 or later), available from the Gallery Web site. See References.
- Gallery Web site: Gallery 1.5.9 Released.
- Gallery Web site: Gallery 2.2.6 Security Fix Release.
- Gallery Web site: Packages.
- BID-31231: Gallery Prior to 2.2.6 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-4129: Gallery before 1.5.9, and 2.x before 2.2.6, does not properly handle ZIP archives containing symbolic links, which allows remote authenticated users to conduct directory traversal attacks and read arbitrary files via vectors related to the archive upload (aka zip upload) functionality.
- GLSA-200811-02: Gallery: Multiple vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 48214: Gallery Symlink ZIP Archive Handling Information Disclosure
- SA31912: Gallery Symlink ZIP Archive Information Disclosure
- Gallery Gallery 1.2.1
- Gallery Gallery 1.3.1
- Gallery Gallery 1.3.2
- Gallery Gallery 1.3.3
- Gallery Gallery 1.4
- Gallery Gallery 1.4.1
- Gallery Gallery 1.4.4
- Gallery Gallery 1.5.2
- Gallery Gallery 1.5.7
- Gallery Gallery 2.0
- Gallery Gallery 2.0.1
- Gallery Gallery 2.1
- Gallery Gallery 2.1.1
- Gallery Gallery 2.1.2
- Gallery Gallery 2.2
- Gallery Gallery 2.2.1
- Gallery Gallery 2.2.2
- Gallery Gallery 2.2.3
- Gallery Gallery 2.2.4
- Gallery Gallery 2.2.5
- Gentoo Linux
Sep 16, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.