UT3 WebAdmin ImageServer.uc directory traversal
|ut3webadmin-imageserver-dir-traversal (45292)||Medium Risk|
UT3 WebAdmin could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the ImageServer containing "dot dot" sequences to view arbitrary files on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of UT3 WebAdmin (1.7 or later), available from the UT3 WebAdmin Web page. See References.
- Luigi Auriemma Advisories, 21 Sep 2008: directory traversal in the web interface .
- UT3 WebAdmin Web page: Changelog, v1.7 - 2008-09-21 .
- UT3 WebAdmin Web page: UT3 WebAdmin.
- BID-31272: Epic Games Unreal Tournament 3 UT3 WebAdmin Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-4243: Directory traversal vulnerability in ImageServer (aka UTImageServer) in WebAdmin before 1.7 for Epic Games Unreal Tournament 3 (UT3) 1.3 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the URI.
- OSVDB ID: 48419: Unreal Tournament 3 WebAdmin ImageServer Unspecified Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- SA31926: Unreal Tournament 3 WebAdmin Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- Epic Games UT3 WebAdmin 1.4
- Epic Games UT3 WebAdmin 1.5
- Epic Games UT3 WebAdmin 1.6
Sep 21, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.