RealWin SCADA server FC_INFOTAG/SET_CONTROL buffer overflow
|realwin-scada-fcinfotagsetcontrol-bo (45465)||High Risk|
RealWin SCADA server is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow. By sending an overly large FC_INFOTAG/SET_CONTROL packet to TCP port 910, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the server to crash.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- RealFlex Web site: RealWin SCADA System.
- Reversemode Advisory, Friday, 26 September 2008: Exploit for DATAC RealWin 2.0 SCADA Software .
- BID-31418: DATAC RealWin SCADA Server Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-4322: Stack-based buffer overflow in RealFlex Technologies Ltd. RealWin Server 2.0, as distributed by DATAC, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted FC_INFOTAG/SET_CONTROL packet.
- OSVDB ID: 48606: DATAC RealWin Crafted INFOTAG / SET_CONTROL Packet Handling Remote Overflow
- SA32055: RealWin INFOTAG/SET_CONTROL Packet Processing Buffer Overflow
- US-CERT VU#976484: RealFlex RealWin buffer overflow
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-2694: RealWin FC_INFOTAG/SET_CONTROL Remote Buffer Overflow Issue
- DATAC Control International RealWin SCADA Server 2.0
Sep 29, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.