AyeView GIF denial of service
|ayeview-gif-dos (45678)||Medium Risk|
AyeView is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an unspecified error when handling certain .GIF images. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted .GIF image file containing a malformed header, a remote attacker could cause the application to crash.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- AyeView Web site: AyeView: image viewer and converter with image transformations.
- BID-31572: AyeView GIF Image Handling Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-5884: AyeView 2.20 allows user-assisted attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via a GIF file with a malformed header.
- OSVDB ID: 51359: AyeView Malformed GIF File Header Handling DoS
- ZkeSoft Group AyeView 2.20
Oct 04, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this