Nortel Multimedia Communication Server snoop command weak security
|nortel-mcs-snoop-weak-security (45752)||Medium Risk|
Nortel Multimedia Communication Server could provide weaker than expected security, caused by improper verification of user credentials. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the snoop command to spoof or redirect VoIP calls.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- NORTEL BULLETIN ID: 2008009102, Rev 1: Nortel Response to VoIPshield VSRNT-2008-010 - Multimedia Communication Server 5100 Call Spoofing and Redirection.
- VoIP Security Advisory, 2008-10-08: Nortel Multimedia Communications Server 5100 Call Spoofing and Redirection.
- BID-31640: Nortel Networks Multimedia Communications Server Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-5871: Nortel Multimedia Communication Server (MSC) 5100 3.0.13 does not verify credentials during call placement, which allows remote attackers to spoof and redirect VoIP calls, possibly related to the snoop command.
- OSVDB ID: 49102: Nortel Multimedia Communication Server 5100 VoIP Call Placement Manipulation
- SA32203: Nortel Multimedia Communication Server 5100 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Nortel Multimedia Communication Server 5100 3.0.13
Oct 08, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.