NewLife Blogger nlb_user.class.php SQL injection
|newlifeblogger-nlbuserclass-sql-injection (45820)||Medium Risk|
NewLife Blogger is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the nlb_user.class.php script using the nlb3 cookie parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Oct 12 2008 - 18:55:59 CDT: NewLife Blogger <= v3.0 / Insecure Cookie Handling & SQL Injection Vulnerability.
- SourceForge.net: NewLife Blogger.
- BID-31728: NewLife Blogger 'nlb3' Cookie SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-6180: SQL injection vulnerability in system/nlb_user.class.php in NewLife Blogger 3.0 and earlier, and possibly 3.3.1, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the nlb3 cookie.
- OSVDB ID: 49163: NewLife Blogger system/nlb_user.class.php nlb3 Cookie SQL Injection
- SA32214: NewLife Blogger "nlb3" SQL Injection Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-2797: NewLife Blogger nlb3 Cookie Parameter SQL Injection Vulnerability
- sevengraff NewLife Blogger 3.0.0
- sevengraff NewLife Blogger 3.3.1
Oct 12, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.