DB Software Laboratory ActiveX control (VImpX.ocx) file overwrite
|db-activex-vimpx-file-overwrite (46096)||High Risk|
The DB Software Laboratory ActiveX control (VImpX.ocx) could allow a remote attacker to overwrite arbitrary files on the system. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the LogFile(), ClearLogFile() or SaveToFile() insecure method to overwrite or corrupt arbitrary files on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- DB Software Laboratory Web site: VImp X .
- BID-31907: DB Software Laboratory 'VImpX.ocx' ActiveX Control Multiple File Corruption Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-4749: Multiple insecure method vulnerabilities in the VImpX.VImpAX ActiveX control (VImpX.ocx) 220.127.116.11 in DB Software Laboratory VImp X, possibly 4.7.7, allow remote attackers to overwrite arbitrary files via (1) the LogFile property and ClearLogFile method, and (2) the SaveToFile method.
- OSVDB ID: 49404: DB Software Laboratory VImp X VImpX.VImpAX ActiveX (VImpX.ocx) Multiple Method Arbitrary File Overwrite
- DB Software Laboratory DB Software Laboratory 18.104.22.168
Oct 24, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.