Ads Pro dhtml.pl command execution
|adspro-dhtml-command-execution (46121)||High Risk|
Ads Pro could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the dhtml.pl script. A remote attacker could inject arbitrary shell commands via a URL request with the page parameter set to advert_top.htm or advert_login.htm, which would allow the attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system with the privileges of the Web server and obtain sensitive information.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- MHF Media Web site: Ads Pro.
- BID-31923: Ads Pro 'dhtml.pl' Remote Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-6826: dhtml.pl in MHF Media Pro allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via shell metacharacters in the page parameter, as demonstrated using the (1) advert_top.htm or (2) advert_login.htm pages.
- OSVDB ID: 49406: Ads Pro dhtml.pl page Parameter Arbitrary Shell Command Execution
- SA32402: Ads Pro "page" Command Execution Vulnerability
- MHF Media Ads Pro
Oct 26, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this