PumpKIN mode field denial of service
|pumpkin-mode-dos (46122)||Medium Risk|
PumpKIN is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error when handling certain input. By sending an overly long mode value, a remote attacker could cause a denial of service.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- PumpKIN Web page: PumpKIN.
- BID-31922: PumpKIN Mode Field Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-6791: PumpKIN TFTP Server 126.96.36.199 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a write request with a long mode field.
- OSVDB ID: 54214: PumpKIN TFTP Server Write Request Remote DoS
- Klever Group PumpKIN 2.7.2 0
Oct 25, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this