Network Shutdown Module pane_actionbutton.php and exec_action.php code execution
|nsm-paneactionbutton-code-execution (46131)||High Risk|
Network Shutdown Module could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system. By adding a custom action to the frontend using the pane_actionbutton.php script, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to add and execute custom actions on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of APC/MGE Network Shutdown Module (3.05.11 or later) or Eaton Network Shutdown Module (3.20). See References.
- APC Web site: APC - Software / Firmware.
- Eaton Web site: Release note Network Shutdown Module 3.20.
- Packet Storm Web Site: Eaton MGE office protection systems .
- BID-31933: Eaton Network Shutdown Module Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-6816: Eaton MGEOPS Network Shutdown Module before 3.10 Build 13 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by adding a custom action to the MGE frontend via pane_actionbutton.php, and then executing this action via exec_action.php.
- OSVDB ID: 50051: Eaton MGE Network Shutdown Module pane_actionbutton.php MGE Frontend Action Addition
- OSVDB ID: 50052: Eaton MGE Network Shutdown Module exec_action.php Arbitrary Command Execution
- SA32456: Eaton MGE Network Shutdown Module Arbitrary Command Execution Vulnerability
- APC/MGE Network Shutdown Module 3.04
- Eaton Network Shutdown Module 2.6
- Eaton Network Shutdown Module 3.0
- Eaton Network Shutdown Module 3.02
- Eaton Network Shutdown Module 3.04
- Eaton Network Shutdown Module 3.1 Beta
Oct 27, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.