SAPgui MDrmSap ActiveX control code execution
|sap-mdrmsap-code-execution (46440)||High Risk|
The SAPgui MDrmSap ActiveX control (mdrmsap.dll) could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system. By persuading a victim to visit a malicious Web page, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the victim or cause the IE browser to crash.
SAPgui customers should contact the SAP Support Web site for assistance in obtaining the latest version of SAPgui. See References.
- SAP Support Web site: SAP Note 1142431.
- SAP Web site: SAP.
- BID-32186: SAP AG SAPgui 'mdrmsap.dll' ActiveX Control Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-4387: Unspecified vulnerability in the Simba MDrmSap ActiveX control in mdrmsap.dll in SAP SAPgui allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via unknown vectors involving instantiation by Internet Explorer.
- OSVDB ID: 49721: SAP AG SAPgui Simba MDrmSap ActiveX (mdrmsap.dll) Unspecified Arbitrary Code Execution
- SA32682: SAP GUI MDrmSap ActiveX Control Code Execution Vulnerability
- US-CERT VU#277313: SAP AG SAPgui MDrmSap ActiveX control code execution vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-3106: SAP GUI MDrmSap ActiveX Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- SAP SAPgui
Nov 07, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.